Monday 28 May 2012

Pulled down by expectations!



After continued attempts at penning my thoughts on paper, frustrated, irritated and filled with despair, I still don’t know where to start. And until I don’t pour the words out, this clenched feeling in my heart just won't go away.

Not a state you’d like to be in — where you have so much to say, yet you don’t know how to say it!
In plain and simple words, without bothering to embellish or adorn it –

I am disappointed. 


With myself. With others around me.
There, I said it!
Yes, disappointed.
Every time, the delicate lace of expectations that I weave, comes apart, I try and depict the pattern again!
Why?
Why, when people have disappointed me, do I trust them again?
Why do I seek them again when they were the ones who left me alone?
Why do they become a priority in my life, while I still remain an option?

Blame it on the unrestricted and boundless flow of emotions through us humans, I guess!

All seems to go well, and when you least expect it, all goes downhill!

Such is the way of life.
It surprises you when you expect it the least, but need it the most.

I am sorry to have bored you with this note of self pity and I want to thank you for having taken out the time to read this!

It truly means a lot to me!

Just one sincere and heartfelt advice –

Love yourself. More than anyone else in the world. Because you deserve it!


16 comments:

Nirali said...

nice way of putting words to a feeling all of us have sometime or the other....truly nice!

Nirali said...

nice way of putting words to a feeling all of us have felt sometime or the other....truly nice!

Ishita Shah said...

have i let u down?:(

Aditi said...

Nirali, thank you! It satisfies me to know you could connect to it...:)

Aditi said...

Ishita, the post says I'm disappointed with people around me. It's not person specific at all!
And just to clear the air, of course, you haven't let me down! :)

Anonymous said...

its not people who let you down, its your expectations of them...

Unknown said...

very true- love yourself...expect nothing and one day you might be surprised of something...this is what life is all about and and it has to move on :)

Aditi said...

Bhat Sir, i completely agree with you.. The human heart knows it all.. Yet it finds it difficult to stop expecting!

Aditi said...

Sourabh, first of all thanks for commenting! :)
Your comment reminds me of the dialogue "The show must go on"... And it does go on...:)

Anonymous said...

the thing with us "thinkers" is that we seek creativity in out pain and disappointment.
Nothing wrong in that - just feel of the pain must not be permanent.
Things would always never go right, or wrong too.
Just don't seek to be a different you in your writings - it is actually the reflection of your true self - someone you have become or you wish to become.

"HAPPY" Blogging !!

Anonymous said...

the thing with us "thinkers" is that we seek creativity in out pain and disappointment.
Nothing wrong in that - just feel of the pain must not be permanent.
Things would always never go right, or wrong too.
Just don't seek to be a different you in your writings - it is actually the reflection of your true self - someone you have become or you wish to become.

"HAPPY" Blogging !!

Vikash said...

Very true...I myself have experienced it and I believe LOVINg YOURSELF is the best...

Aditi said...

Prashant, pain helps you to write a lot better! Of course we'd all want the pain to be temporary and it was... :)

Aditi said...

Vikash, glad you read it! And agreed ;)

Manish Bansal said...

you know, our life tends to respond to our frame of outlook just to shape itself to meet our EXPECTATIONS-- it is that sun which will definitely pull you to the peak of the hill leading u with a sight of dawn.. but will soon throw you dwn wid greater magnitude making u realise dat it was mere dusk which was 'expected' to be sumthing else... . things which are destined to happpen wil definitely happen..so why burn yoursef on unrational expectations.. :) :)

Aditi said...

Pretty deep feelings, Manish...

You do have a point.. But expecting from others, I guess, comes as a part of the package! :)