Friday 7 September 2012

'Torn!' Need I say more?


Love the work you do.
Love your life more.
Love your close ones most.
Don't let the ones who matter most, walk away!


Torn!


Torn between my love and life,
The winds of passion against me,
Responsibility keeps pulling me down,
While my love walks out the door.

Frustrated, devastated
Nowhere to go; bound to work,
I walk down the memory lane.
Her laughter, her freshness, her passion, her free will,
Make me resent her absence.

I wish I had stopped her,
I wish I had heard her,
Though we may not have agreed,
I wish I had spoken to her.

My work had become my life,
I had simply expected her to stay.
Not realizing that as days passed,
My love had become her life. 

8 comments:

Ishita Shah said...

You're awesome!
This is ur "I am She" collection!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, particularly the last line...

Aditi said...

Thanks Ishita! We'll start one together! ;)

Aditi said...

Thanks a lot, Bhat Sir! :)

Vikash said...

Kyaaa baaat:)))) Awessum:)) and im back:)))

Anonymous said...

there is this tussle between desires, dreams and deserving things in life that would create such situations of fazed and dazed confidences. Best part in expressing and letting it go is the temp relief...but the letting go part is the main piece !
wonderful growth of depth in your posts Adi !

Aditi said...

Some people let go of things easier than others! But I wrote this to remind someone of their priorities.
I hope my inspiration finds it easier to 'prioritize' things after reading this!

Aditi said...

Hey Vikash, I missed you when you were away! Thanks for being back! :)