Wednesday 7 September 2011

Beautifully painted!


My dad says, since a very young age I caught the habit of reading bill boards and shop names. Whenever we used to go out, I would read out all the names and phrases to him. The habit seems to have stuck on! :)
And it led to me to a new realization....

In some parts of my city, I have noticed that the signboards of the shops are still painted instead of sporting neon-lit boards. Something which used to be so common 2-3 decades ago, now has to be searched for. You might feel I’m weird or out-dated, but I personally like the painted signboards more than the modern ones. The modern ones mostly lack creativity and their sole purpose I think is to make the shop’s name visible in the dark too! The hand-painted signs exude craftsmanship, charm, creativity and add a personal touch. Of course they have to be beautiful too, and not just painted!…:)

I clicked some I came across in Calcutta… Found other nice ones on the net…

Check it out…

















1 comment:

Ishita Shah said...

I think this draws my attention to a new aspect, maybe from now on I'll be more observant and I might be able to add to ur photos!:)