Sunday 16 October 2011

'Why?', I ask...

Why do independent, career-oriented women want their men to be chivalrous and gentlemanly rather than treat them as equals? Why is the guy always expected to pay? Why do people think love is free for women? Why is the burden to run a family still on the man's shoulders? 'Why?', I ask...

Why are women taking the easier way out? Blaming others for the state they are in.
If we don't speak when we have to, work when we deserve to and lead when we need to, the future still seems very bleak!
Of course there are many exceptions to the rule but I hope a time will come when working women are seen as the rule and not the exception.
Genuinely, there is no need for quotas and reservations for women. Such reservations simply underline the fact that women are not considered equal! Its easy acceptance among women surprises me!
It's always been : Behind every successful man, there's a woman. Let's make it : BESIDE every successful man there's a successful woman!
I'm not in anyway insulting men or women. It's often because of a few that the entire clan gets blamed. But if we really want to be treated as equals and not called so, a long stretch needs to be covered!

I accept that in the past it's always men who've taken decisions. Because that is how our society had been. But now when times show glimpses of change, women should grab the opportunity! Yet, today we see many educated women turn to home-making after marriage rather than continuing with their job. Why? The question remains unanswered.


Signing off with the hope that times will change...


4 comments:

Ishita Shah said...

I like your paraphrasing.Its hard hitting but not rude at the same time. Something that I would call truth on your face, like it or not!

The article- I like:)

Coach Zubin said...

Perfect point made. This is exactly how I feel, that is why the importance of "empowerment" and not reservation. Reservation of seats for women signifies that the womankind is the weaker gender. I don't like it personally. A lot more should be done so that women can earn those seats.

Good to see you stand up for something so important. I am with you on this one for sure! :)

Coach Zubin said...

Just a suggestion, could you change the font type to something which is easier to read, like Arial or Tahoma, and without italics?

Aditi said...

Thank you Sir! :)
Suggestion taken into account!
I hope the change in font suits you :)